MediTrackGPS® Wanderer™ User Manual
- When charging, the red LED will remain on
- Once fully charged, the red LED will go out
Powering Device on/off:
- Power on > Press power button for 1 second, LED will flash
- Power off > Press power & SOS button at the same time for 1 second
Note: To get initial satellite location, use outdoors or near a window.
- Not flashing > Battery is charging
- Blinking slowly > Battery less then 15%
- LED off > Battery is charged
- Flash rapidly every 3 seconds > Device is connected to GSM network
- Double flash every 3 seconds > Device is connected to GPRS network
- Flash slowly every 3 seconds > Device is connecting to GSM network
- Flash rapidly every 3 seconds > Device has GPS positioning fix
- Flash slowly every 3 seconds > Device has no GPS positioning fix
- LED off > GPS chip is sleeping
Trigger SOS Alarm:
Press and hold the SOS button for 3 seconds until the device vibrates. The yellow LED will start to flash rapidly to confirm the request. The device will then send a "Help Me" SMS to all existing emergency contacts. The device will then call all emergency contacts, if no one answers it will then call the first contact and so on until a emergency contact answers.
Note: To end the call and sequence, user can press the SOS button or the receiver can answer the call and press "0" on their mobile phone to end it.
Making a Call:
To make a call, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds until the device vibrates. The yellow LED will flash rapidly to confirm the request then it will dial the first authorized contact or if a contact has been set to the power button it will call that authorized number.
1. Live Tracking Mode > SMS Command: MD1
SMS Reply: "Power saving off" >
In this mode, both GSM and GPS chip are always working. Battery will last 12-24hrs.
2. Power Saving Mode > SMS Command: MD2
SMS Reply: "Power saving on" >
In this mode, GSM/GPRS is always working to receive calls, SMS and transmit location. GPS chip is off when there is no movement. The GPS chip is activated by movement, incoming calls and SMS. Battery life is not wasted when the device isn't moving. Battery will last 2-5 days.
3. Deep Sleep Mode > SMS Command: MD3,xxm/H
SMS Command Example: MD3,05M
SMS Reply: "Deep sleep on 5 minutes"
xx = 00-99 <> m = Minute > H = Hour
Both GSM and GPS chip will be off to save power. The device is unable to receive calls or SMS. It can only be activated by movement. Once movement is detected, it will run for the set time and sleep again if no movement detected. Battery will last up to 40 days if no movement.
4. Working Mode > SMS Command: MD4
SMS Reply: "Press button to activate GPS working mode on"
In this mode, device can always receive SMS and calls. GPS chip only wakes up and updates location to the tracking platform if user has pressed a button or received a SMS or call. Without pressing button or receiving SMS/call GPS chip always sleeps.
5. Time Interval Mode > SMS Command: MD5,XXM/H
SMS Command Example: MD5,30M
SMS Reply: "Time interval to activate gps working mode on"
xx = 00-99 <> m = Minute > H = Hour
In this mode, device can always receive SMS and calls. It automatically updates GPS location to the tracking platform according to the time you have set. Device will update tracking location to the platform every 30 minutes.
6. Authorized Emergency Contact Commands: (NO SPACES)
- Set Authorized #1 > SMS Command: N1,0412345678
- Set Authorized #2 > SMS Command: N2,0412345678
- Set Authorized #3 > SMS Command: N3,0412345678
- Set Authorized #4 > SMS Command: N4,0412345678
- Set Authorized #5 > SMS Command: N5,0412345678
SMS Reply Example: "Set phone number N1 OK"
7. Remove Emergency Contact Commands:
- Remove Authorized #1 > SMS Command: N1,0
- Remove Authorized #2 > SMS Command: N2,0
- Remove Authorized #3 > SMS Command: N3,0
- Remove Authorized #4 > SMS Command: N4,0
- Remove Authorized #5 > SMS Command: N5,0
SMS Reply Example: "Delete phone number N1 OK"
8. Incoming Call Control Commands:
- Answer Calls from any Number > SMS Command: IN0
- Answer Calls from Authorized Numbers only > SMS Command: IN1
9. Modify Time Zone Command:
- Modify Time Zone > SMS Command: TZ+00/-00
SMS Command Example: TZ+10 for QLD
10. User Defined Name Command:
- Set User Name > SMS Command: name1,usersname
- Delete User Name > SMS Command: name0
11. Locate Device Command:
- Locating Device > SMS Command: locate
Device will respond with a link to google maps showing the exact location of the device.
12. Low Battery Alarm Command:
- Low Battery Alarm On > SMS Command: low1
- Low Battery Alarm Off > SMS Command: low0
When the low battery alarm is on, it will send a SMS " Battery Low" to all authorized contacts when the battery gets down to 30%
13. Password Protection Command:
- Lock Device > SMS Command: 123456Lock
SMS Reply: "LOCK OK"
After sending this command, it will require the password in front of all commands except reboot.
SMS Command Example: 123456N1
- Unlock Device > SMS Command: 123456UNlock
SMS Reply: "UNLOCK OK"
- Change Password > SMS Command: 123456TO654321
Example: 654321 will now be the new device password. Make sure the new password is 6 digits otherwise it will not be recognised.
14. GEO Fence Alarm Command:
- GEO Fence Alarm > SMS Command: GeoN,A,B,xxxM/KM
SMS Command Example: Geo1,1,1,200M
- N = Geo Fence Number 1-3 User can set 3 Geo Fences
- A = 0 means to turn of the function
- A = 1 means to turn on the function
- B = 1 means to set alarm when device enters preset area
- B = 0 means to set alarm when device breaches preset area
- xxx is the preset distance of the devices usual location, must be 3 digits and higher then 100m
- M = meters
- KM = kilometers
Device will send a SMS "Geo Fence Alarm" to authorized numbers when it enters/leaves the preset area you have set up.
- Delete GEO Fence > SMS Command: Geo1,0 > Geo2,0 > Geo3,0
SMS Command Example: Geo1,0
SMS Reply: "Geo Fence Alarm 1 Off"
15. Over Speed Alarm Command:
- Over Speed Alarm On > SMS Command: speed1,speed
SMS Command Example: speed1,100 this = 100km/h
SMS Reply: " Set Over Speed Alarm OK"
When the device exceeds 100km/h it will send a SMS warning "Over Speed" to the authorized numbers. Speed can be set from 001-255km/h
- Over Speed Alarm Off > SMS Command: speed0
16. Movement Alarm Command:
- Movement Alarm On > SMS Command: MV1,xxM/KM
SMS Command Example: MV1,200m
SMS Reply: "Set Movement Alarm OK 200m"
xxx must be 3 digits higher then 100m. The device must be stationery when setting this function.When the device moves beyond 200m, it will notify all authorized numbers.
- Movement Alarm Off > SMS Command: MV0
17. Sound Function Command:
- Sound Function On > SMS Command: sound1
SMS Reply: "Set OK"
After sending this command, when the device accepts incoming calls, device will ring and vibrate.
- Sound Function Off > SMS Command: sound0
18. LED Function Command:
- LED On > SMS Command: LED1
Device will be on, but the LED will be off to save power.
- LED Off > SMS Command: LED0
19. Fall Detection Command:
- SMS Command:
- FD1,1 (most sensitive)
- FD1,9 (least sensitive)
SMS Command Example: FD1,5
SMS Reply: "Fall Detection On, Set FD1 OK"
1 equals most sensitive, 9 equal least sensitive. After sending FD1, device will send a SMS alarm to all authorized numbers when a fall is detected. The authorized numbers will be alerted without the user pressing the SOS button when the fall sensor is activated. If this may cause a false alarm, the user can manually cancel the fall alert by pressing the SOS button during its beeping.
- Fall Detection SMS and Call > SMS Command: FD2
SMS Reply: " Set OK"
After sending the command FD2, the device will send a SMS alarm to all authorized numbers once it detects a fall. It will also dial the authorized numbers in sequence.
- Turn Off Fall Detect Alarm > SMS Command: FD0
20. Dial Function Command:
- Turn On Dial Function > SMS Command: DIAL1
SMS Reply: "Set Dial Alarm OK"
With this function, all authorized numbers can receive a call from the device if SOS or Fall Detection is activated.
- Turn Off Dial Function > SMS Command: DIAL0
SMS Reply: "Dial Alarm OFF"
With this function, all authorized numbers cant receive a call from the device if SOS or Fall Detection is activated.
21. SMS Alarm Command:
- Turn On SMS Alarm > SMS Command: SMS1
SMS Reply: "Set SMS Alarm OK"
SMS and GPRS alarms are no enabled.
- Turn Off SMS Alarm > SMS Command: SMS0
SMS Reply: "SMS Alarm Off"
Device only sends alarms to the platform via GPRS with SMS to authorized numbers.
22. Check Device Status Command:
- Check Device Status > SMS Command: status
23. Reboot Device Command:
- Reboot Device > SMS Command: reboot
24. Reset Device to Default Command:
- Reset Device > SMS Command: default
25. Get IMEI Command:
- Get IMEI > SMS Command: IMEI
26. APN Command (access point name):
- Telstra APN > SMS Command: APN1,telstra.iph
- Aldi APN > SMS Command: APN1,mdata.net.au
- Optus APN > SMS Command: APN1,yesinternet
- Vodafone APN > SMS Command: APN1,live.vodafone.com
27. GPRS Time Interval Command:
- GPRS Time Interval > SMS Command: TxxS/M
SMS Command Example: T08M
SMS Reply: "Set Updating Time Interval OK"
"xx" must be two digits from 01-99, "S" means second, "M" means minute. The device must be set for second or minute.
- Turn Off GPRS > SMS Command: GPRS0
- Turn On GPRS > SMS Command: GPRS2
28. Heartbeat Packet Reporting Interval Command:
- HPR Interval > SMS Command: HBxxS/M
SMS Command Example: HB30M
SMS Reply: "Set HPRI OK"
"xx" can be set with 00-99, "S" means seconds, "M" means minutes
After sending the above command, the device will send the GPRS heartbeat packet to the platform every 30 minutes in MD1, MD2 and MD4 mode. The heartbeat function is used to keep the platform connection smooth, but GPS positioning data is invalid. The heartbeat packet function is used transmission control protocol (TCP) connection open when the interval of scheduled GPRS reporting is long. The heartbeat packet function is only available for the MD1, MD2 and MD4 working mode.
- Turn Off HPR Interval > SMS Command: HB00M
29. Check APN, IP and Port > SMS Command: CHECK1
SMS Reply Example: APN: telstra.iph, Name: xxx, Password: xxx, Port: xxx, IP: www.xxxxxx.com
30. Delete Tracking History:
- Delete Tracking History > SMS Command: DEL
Real-time Tracking on Platform (TBD)
Open the link TBD in your computer and login with your user ID and password. Our web based TCP/IP protocol allows users to monitor the device in real-time over the internet. For more info, please contact the seller.